Are you too young to volunteer? Are you looking for a way to help Simply Cats from home?
We often get inquiries as to special projects that individuals or groups would like to do for the cats- here are some ideas!
- Using Simply Cats Wish List, hold a pet supply drive at your school or with your friends and family.
- Instead or gifts for your birthday or other special events, ask for donations of items on the Simply Cats Wish List and donate the items and donations to us.
- In the summer, stay cool and sell lemonade at a lemonade stand or at a sporting event, like your little sister’s soccer game, and donate the proceeds to Simply Cats.
- In the winter, stay warm and sell hot chocolate at a sporting event, like your little brother’s hockey game.
- Sell something that you’ve made. You could create homemade cards or prepare goodies for a bake sale!
- Ask local businesses to donate prizes and then sell raffle tickets for the prizes.
- Hold a garage or yard sale and donate the proceeds to Simply Cats.
- Earn some money for Simply Cats by helping your parents out by doing extra chores around the house.
- For one month, at the end of each day, empty the change that mysteriously accumulates in your pockets or backpack and donate it to Simply Cats. Ask your friends and family to do the same. You’ll be surprised at how much change you’ll have in one month!
- Make toys and blankets for the cats! Find directions below.
- Hold an animal movie night with your friends and family. Pick a movie like “The Cat in the Hat”, “Aristocats”, “Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore”, or any other movie that has any cats as the main characters. Ask your friends to bring cat toys to the festivities and let them know you will be donating them to Simply Cats Adoption Center.